Saturday, January 30, 2010

Grover

Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Lightning Thief is coming to a theater near you. Pictured? My version of Grover the Satyr - half man, half goat, descendant of Pan. You get the picture. I consider the movie version of Grover to be something I now call: "When Good Characters Go Black." In the movie, the completely cute Brandon T. Jackson plays Percy's protector who discovers he's the son of Poseidon. The books by Rick Riordan are clearly a Harry Potter knock off just involving the gods of myth. It's a world that probably would not have been possible if not for the beloved J.K. Rowling. The books are well written, fast paced and just pure fun. Since I was too busy reading Nancy Drew as a child, I feel like I'm making up for some of that by reading today's new stories which may some day become tomorrow's new classics.

No comments: